A heat pump is an energy-efficient alternative to other types of home heating systems, such as a natural gas furnace or electric baseboards. Plus, a heat pump can provide both efficient heating and cooling to help keep your home comfortable year-round.
A heat pump uses electricity to move heat from one place to another. In the winter, it pulls warm air from outside and moves it indoors to heat your home. In the summer, it acts like an air conditioner by moving warm air outside while circulating cool air inside your home.
Benefits of a heat pump
They heat and cool: This means you can get efficient heating and cooling in one and eliminate the need for portable or central air conditioning.
They’re powered by water: Heat pumps are a great option in B.C. because they’re powered by clean, hydroelectricity. This means that if you currently rely on fossil fuels (natural gas, propane or oil) for heating and switch to a heat pump, you’ll be reducing your household’s environmental footprint.
You can set it and forget it: Unlike other heating systems, a heat pump works best if you don’t adjust the temperature.
They’re more efficient than electric baseboards: Because heat pumps don’t actually generate heat – rather, they move warm and cool air around – they’re up to 300% more efficient than electric baseboards. They’re also up to 50% more energy efficient for cooling compared to a typical window AC unit.
Goodman® is one of the biggest names in home cooling, heating and energy-efficient home comfort. That’s because Goodman lives up to its name in a big way, with time-tested energy-efficient technology, highly durable materials and spot-on manufacturing. So, no matter where you live or whether your home is small or large, Goodman probably has a solution to help keep your home comfortable.
Features -(vary by model)
- High-efficiency variable-speed swing and scroll compressors (tonnage dependent)
- High-efficiency variable-speed ECM condenser fan motor
- ComfortBridge™ Communications System compatible
- Factory-provided filter drier (field installation required)
- Factory-installed suction line accumulator
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater
- Factory-installed high-capacity muffler
- Factory-installed high and low-pressure switches
- High-density foam compressor sound blanket
- Factory-installed sensors monitoring coil and ambient temperature
- Copeland® ComfortAlert™ built in diagnostics
- SmartShift® technology with short-cycle protection to ensure quiet, reliable defrost
- In communicating mode, only two low voltage wires to the outdoor unit are required
- Contactor with lug connection
- Customized control algorithms
- Fully charged for fifteen feet of tubing length
- AHRI Certified-ETL Listed
- Copper tube & enhanced aluminum fin coil.
- The variable speed swing or scroll compressor with inverter technology runs at from 0% to 100% capacity, depending on cooling/heating demand. This operational flexibility provides a great energy-efficient option when compared to a traditional, single-stage or two-stage units
- The top performance of a variable speed electronically commutated motor (ECM) allows for operation over a wide range of fan speeds, from 0% to 100%, depending on your airflow needs. It is a great energy-efficient option when compared to a traditional, single-speed or two-stage motors
- Designed to regulate and communicate with your ComfortBridge™ Controls System so you can remotely monitor and manage your heating and cooling system – at any time, from anywhere with just an internet connection
- Filter-driers play a pivotal role in the operation of air conditioning and refrigeration systems. A factory-provided filter-drier absorbs and filters residual system contaminants and moisture when installed on site
- Suction accumulator ensures refrigerant is ready even in extreme external temperatures
- Crankcase heater prevents condensation of refrigerant in the crankcase of a compressor
- High-capacity muffler reduces pass-through vibration noise from compressor operation
- A high-pressure switch prevents the system from operating at extremely high pressures by shutting off the compressor circuit if the pressure exceeds the designated rating. When a refrigeration system operates at lower than normal pressures, the low-pressure switch prevents freezing from working its way to the compressor
- High-density foam compressor blanket provides noise reduction when the compressor is in operation
- Consistent and concise monitoring helps to ensure that the system is operating efficiently, regardless of the weather
- Assists contractors in troubleshooting the system with improved diagnostic accuracy by utilizing indicator lights, seven-segment LED display, and fault code storage
- SmartShift is a time-delay defrost technology that allows for a reliable, quiet, and smooth transition when units enter defrost mode
- By simplifying the communication connection to two low voltage wires to the outdoor unit, technicians may eliminate the need to run additional thermostat wiring
- Contractors can securely connect wires with large screw lugs, allowing for quick and solid wiring
- Proprietary, self-contained sequence of actions designed to help control system operation for energy efficient performance and enhanced reliability
- Fully charged with refrigerant sufficient for 15’ of tubing length to assist with easy installation of unit
- Meets the performance requirements for AHRI certification and complies with ETL North American safety standards
- Copper coil tubing with enhanced aluminum fins increases the area for heat absorption, providing outstanding, energy-efficient heat transfer performance.